School of Unani Medical Education and Research
School of Unani Medical Education and Research earlier known as Jamia Tibbia was established in 1935 at Gali Qasim Jaan, Delhi. Later in 1963, it was named as Hamdard Tibbi College. It was shifted to Hamdard Nagar Campus in 1980 and started B.U.M.S. course under University of Delhi. After the establishment of Jamia Hamdard in 1989, it merged with the University and got the status of School of Unani Medical Education and Research. Presently the School runs U.G. (BUMS Degree) course and P.G. courses (M.D. Unani) in three disciplines of Unani Medicine i.e. Ilmul Advia, Moalajat and Tahaffuzi Wa Samaji Tibb. The school also runs one year’s course i.e. (i) Pre-Tibb and a two year course (ii) Diploma in Unani Pharmacy for candidates coming from Madarsa stream. A special course of 120 hours (Orientation Course of Unani Medicine for Foreign Nationals) has also been started this year. The school conducts teaching and research in Unani Medicine and Surgery. The students are imparted instruction with extensive knowledge of the fundamental theories and basic principles of Unani System of Medicine as well as the modern medical subjects such as Physiology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Forensic Medicine.
The School has been recognized as one of the centres of higher education and research in Unani Medicine by Ministry of Health, Govt. of India.
The School offers a three year post-graduate course leading to the award of degree of M.D. Unani in Ilmul Advia,Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tibb (Preventive and Social Medicine) and Moalejat; a four and half years course followed by one year compulsory and rotatory internship for the award of Kamil-e-Tibb-o-Jarahat (B.U.M.S.-Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) degree, Diploma in Unani Pharmacy and Pre-Tibb courses.
School of Unani Medical Education and Research has continued to pursue teaching and research in Unani Medicine and Surgery. The students are imparted extensive knowledge of the fundamental theories and basic principles of Unani System of Medicine as well as the modern medical subjects such as Physiology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and forensic Medicine.
- No stipend is available to the students of M.D. (Moalejat), M.D. (Ilmul Advia) and M.D. (Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib) from the Department of ISM, Ministry of Health, and Govt. of India. Depending on the availability of resources, Jamia Hamdard may consider providing stipend (Hkm. Abdul Hameed Scholarship) of Rs. 2500 per month to some deserving students.
- M.D. Moalijat students may be posted in the Majeedia Hospital.
- BUMS (Intake Capacity-50)
- Pre Tib
- Diploma in Unani Pharmacy (Intake Capacity-10)
- MD (Moalijat Intake Capacity-03)
- MD (Ilmul Advia Intake Capacity-03)
- MD Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tib (Intake Capacity-03)
- Orientation Course of Unani Medicine (Online mode)
Students Admitted men 2020-2021
Clinical Material in The Hospital
Awards and Recognitions received by Faculty members
Seminars/ Conferences/ CMEs/ Workshops/ Medical Camps organized
Click Here to visit CCIM https://www.ccimindia.org/
Click Here to visit AYUSH http://ayush.gov.in/about-the-systems/unani