Notice for Hostel Reallotment
Invitation of Applications for Fresh Hostel Accommodation
Hostel Accomodation Notice
- University has following seven hostels for boys and girls
- Sultan Razia Girls Hostel
- Rufaida School of Nursing (UG) Girls Hostel
- Annemarie Schimmel (PG) Girls Hostel
- Ibn-e-Sina (PG) Girls Hostel
- Al-Biruni (UG) Boys Hostel
- Ibn-e-Batuta (PG) Boys Hostel
- Jawaharlal Nehru International Boys Hostel (for Foreign/NRI).
- A Hostel for 200 girl students is under construction.
In view of limited hostel accommodations, the students should note that their admission to University does not guarantee allotment of hostel accommodation. Annual hostel charges are payable in advance at the time of allotment. It will be incumbent upon the student admitted to the hostel to join the mess and pay mess charges for three months in advance at the rates prescribed from time to time. Mess charges may be revised at any time due to escalation in the prices of food items. The Hostel mess will be managed on co-operative basis under the supervision of hostel authorities, on no profit-no loss basis. The University will provide infrastructural facilities and the manpower required to operate the mess. Availing of the Mess will be compulsory for the allottees of Jamia Hamdard Hostels w.e.f. July 2012. The students admitted to the hostel are entitled to stay in the hostel during the academic session only and are required to vacate the rooms during the summer vacations for maintenance work. Washing clothes inside the hostel premises is not allowed. University has made arrangement of mechanical laundry for washing 50 clothes per month for hostel inmates at a nominal rate. The Hostel inmates will be required to comply with the rules and regulations as per ‘Jamia Hamdard Hostel Bye-laws”. Due to acute shortage of hostel accommodation it will not be possible at present to provide hostel accommodation to the students of the following programmes:
- All Certificate and Diploma Programmes (except DGNM)
- Students whose parents or guardians are resident of Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon and NOIDA.
- Residential proof is required at the time of submitting Hostel application form.
It may also be noted that married students who intend to stay with their family should make their own arrangements outside the campus. University does not provide family Hostel accommodation.