School of Engineering Sciences & Technology (SEST)
Jamia Hamdard has made a significant space for itself in research and education fields in India as revealed by its consistent NIRF ranking of every year. Although our institution is more than 100 year old, but as deemed to be university it has come into existence as a University in 1989 when the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India, declared it as a “Deemed to be University” on the recommendations of the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 3 of UGC act 1956. School of Engineering Sciences & Technology (SEST) took the roots of its foundation after the inception of the University. In last 21 years, SEST has acquired prominence in University endeavors attracting talents from all over the country including foreign nationals to pursue research, education and excellence in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information & Communication Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Bioinformatics.
The School has an excellent infrastructure including Smart Cluster classrooms, Library, Computer Labs. The School incorporates quality education based on CBTs, Video Lectures, demonstrations etc. by highly qualified faculty members many of them been from IITs & NITs. The School is very active in engaging academic and industrial collaborations through various workshops, seminars, conferences, partnerships, industrial visits, projects and special distinguished lectures to expose the students towards the corporate environment. The School follows UGC & AICTE norms/guidelines in conducting the various programmes at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral levels. One of the prominent feature of the School is the passion for research. The School offer challenging academic programmes at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral levels under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) encouraging students to excel in academics and pursue research in chosen specialization. The School has attracted students from different part of the country including foreign countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Syria, Kyrgystan, Nigeria, Algeria, Nepal etc.
The School follows its Vision and Mission to inculcate the research and academic excellence so that students pursue their career and sharpen their skills as required in the dynamically advanced technological world at any level of height and challenge.
VISION of School of Engineering Sciences & Technology is:
To become the best institution in the national and international map in terms of quality of teaching and research, technical knowledge and academics in the field of Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Bioinformatics with sincere honesty adding values in the core aspects of students’ life.
MISSION of School of Engineering Sciences & Technology is:
1. To offer state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering and Bioinformatics.
2. To provide one of the best working environments to motivate faculty and students to work towards vision of the department.
3. To develop association with industry, other universities/institutes/research laboratories and work in collaboration with them.
4. To use our expertise in all the relevant disciplines for helping society in solving its real life problems.
5. To develop entrepreneurship skills in the students so that they can become problem solver and innovative developer and contribute to the society by providing employment to others.
The School of Engineering Sciences & Technology consists of the following divisions:
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Centre
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Department of Computer Science & Engineering (in the School of Engineering Sciences & Technology) started in 1997, and it has grown now into a vibrant centre of teaching and research. The department has a pool of highly qualified excellent teachers and technical staff members as per UGC/AICTE norms. The Department not only offers Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) Programmes in Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Application / IT / Bioinformatics / ECE / Information Security & Cyber Forensics, but is also engaged in high quality research activities leading to Ph.D. degree in different thrust areas of computer science and engineering and intra disciplinary areas viz. Big Data, Soft Computing, Neural Network, Artificial Intelligence, Fuzzy Logic, Software Engineering, Data Mining, Information Security, Cyber laws, Cyber Forensics, Computer Architecture, Graph Theory, Computer Networks, Distributed System, Discrete Structure, Robotics, Cognitive Radios, Mobile Computing, DBMS, Algorithms, IoT,Cloud Computing, ICT in Sustainable Development, etc. to list a few. Department has made a lot of contributions towards these areas in the form of publications in journals/conference-proceedings/books/sponsored research and collaboration with industrial research. The Department offers the following programmes of study:
· B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering - B. Tech. (CSE)
· B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering - B. Tech. (ECE)
· B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)
· Bachelor of Computer Application - BCA
· M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
· M. Tech. (CSE) with Specialization in Data Science
· M. Tech. (CSE) with Specialization in Cyber Forensics & Information Security
· M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (Part-Time)
· Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
• Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering) - Ph.D. (CSE)
• Ph.D. (Computer Science) - Ph.D. (CS)