School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
"Leading Global School of Excellence in Pharmaceutical Sciences"
"Strive to be ready with education to meet the needs of Society to be competitive and responsible professionals focus on global research to be in step with times"
The School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research is one of the most prestigious institutions of Pharmacy Education in India, has been ranked as No.1 among Pharmacy Institutions Ranking Framework-2017, 2019, 2020 & 2021 by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India, among the Pharmacy Institutions of India.
Established in the year 1972 as Hamdard College of Pharmacy, affiliated to the University of Delhi with D. Pharm. and B. Pharm. and in 1982 upgraded to M Pharm and Doctorate programs. Named as Faculty of Pharmacy with the establishment of Jamia Hamdard in 1989, presently known as School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (SPER). The school is approved and recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
The school offers Undergraduate (D. Pharm., and B. Pharm.), Postgraduate and Doctoral program in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology). In addition, offers Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Medicine a unique, first in country collaborative program being run in collaboration with Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The school at present enrolls more than 1000 students.
The school has collaborations both from academic and research institutions. Industry sponsored projects are also being executed for companies like Sun Pharma, Dabur Research foundation, Jubilant Life Sciences, AIMIL Pharmaceuticals, Dolphin International, Fermish Clinical Technology, GBC, Beijing, China and Ultimax Health, USA etc.
The school is research driven institution where most of the Departments are extensively involved in basic and advanced research activities, which is signatory of >2000 publications with > 20000 citations and >60 h index with various books and patents. All the departments at present are receiving support under DST-FIST program and Special Assistance Program (SAP) of University Grants Commission (UGC) at DRS Phase I and Phase II levels. Research activities within all the departments of SPER are well-funded and in the last 5 years, the departments have received research grants over from various funding agencies such as CSIR, DST, ICMR, UGC, AICTE, DRDO, BIRAC, DBT, CCRAS and CCRUM.
Thrust areas of research include: Drug targeting through nanomedicine, Herbal drug technology and standardization, Metabolomics, Computer aided drug design, Design and synthesis of new chemical entities & natural product chemistry, Design and synthesis of antidiabetic and anticancer agents, Neuropharmacology and Cardiovascular pharmacology.
The school has a well-established central instrumentation facility (CIF) with modern and sophisticated instruments like cryogenic Transmission electron microscope (TEM), LC-MS, NMR, HPLC, HPTLC, DSC, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, FT-IR, AFM, etc. Facility for interdisciplinary research namely flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, western blot analysis and electrophoresis, wet lab synthesis, Microwave-assisted organic synthesis (MAOS), cell line studies and other cutting-edge techniques are also available.
The school is active in organizing national/international conferences, seminars, symposia, faculty development programs and workshops covering all the facets of pharmaceutical sciences thereby offering a holistic development to our students and faculty. The e-PG Pathshala (an initiative of the MHRD under its National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT) being executed by the UGC) modules have been prepared to provide high quality, curriculum-based, interactive e-content in various subject areas of Pharmaceutical Sciences by faculty of SPER.
Activities like blood donation camp, health camp, awareness programs dealing with safe use of medication, antibiotic awareness, smoking cessation, role of pharmacist as a health care provider are being done on regular basis.
Different scholarships/fellowships are available for needy and meritorious students for all the programs. The Ph.D. scholars and GPAT qualified M. Pharm students are funded by various government funding agencies in the form of projects or fellowships.
Central Instrumentation Facility at School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
The School has Central Instrumentation Facility available for research work and is well equipped with sophisticated instruments like
- Liquid Chromatography-Mass spectrophotometer
- Malvern Zetasizer
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
- Super Critical Fluid (SCF)
- Atomic Force Measurement (AFM)
- HPLC (Binary Pump) with Diode array detector
- HPLC (Binary Pump) with UV-Visible detector
- HPLC (Quaternary Pump) with UV – Visible detector and Electro Chemical detector
- Automatic Dissolution Test apparatus
- ELISA Reader
- Infra red Spectrophotometer
- Double Beam/UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Florescence Spectrophotometer
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter ( DSC)
- Electronic Microbalance
- Millipore HPLC water making Instrument.
- High Pressure Homogenizer
- Texture Analyser
- B.Pharm (Regular)
- B.Pharm II-nd Year (Regular- Lateral Entry)
- D Pharm (Regular)
- M.Pharm (Pharmacology)
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics)
- M.Pharm (Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry)
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M.Pharm (Quality Assurance)
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Analysis)
- M.Pharm (Pharmacy Practice)
- PhD (Pharmacology & Pharmacology with Specialization in Pharmacy Practice)
- PhD (Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutics with specialization in Quality Assurance)
- PhD (Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry with specialization in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)
- PhD (Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Chemistry with Specialization in Pharmaceutical Analysis)
- PhD-Pharmaceutical Medicine
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm.) Two years course
- 10+2 with PCB securing at least 45% marks in the aggregate and also in the aggregate of PCB.
- Appeared in the interview conducted by Jamia Hamdard.
- Completed the age of 17 years on or before 31 December of the year of taking admission< as per PCI norms.
Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm. Regular and SFS) Eight semester course
- 10+2 with PCB securing at least 50% marks in the aggregate and also in the aggregate and also in the aggregate of PCB.
- Qualified AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test for MBBS Programme) conducted by CBSE.
- Completed the age of 17 years on or before 31 December of the year of taking admission as per PCI norms.
- Non AIPMT applicants may be considered on the basis of merit in qualifying examination-cum-interview.
B. Pharm. II Year (Regular and SFS through lateral entry)
- 10+2 with PCB& merit determined by marks obtained in D.Pharm course and/or interview.
- Passed Diploma in pharmacy examination of Jamia Hamdard or from any other recognized institution with 50% marks in aggregate.
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) in
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry
- Pharmacy Practice
- Quality Assurance
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Passed B.Pharm/B.Pharm (Unani) examination or any other examination recognised by Jamia Hamdard or an institution recognised by Jamia Hamdard and AICTE, securing at least 50% marks in the aggregation of theory papers and practicals.
- Qualified GPAT (with valid score card)
- Appeared in the Entrance Test conducted by Jamia Hamdard
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutics with specialization in Quality Assurance
- Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry with specialization in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry with specialization in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmacology and Pharmacology with specialization in Pharmacy Practice
- Passed M. Pharm. from Jamia Hamdard or any other institution recognised by AICTE and Jamia Hamdard in the relevant subject with atleast 55% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade
- Candidate having M.Sc. degree in Clinical Research with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade shall be eligible to be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme in pharmacology subject to the condition that he/she possesses B.Pharm. degree.
- The candidates from Bio Science/ Life Science stream with NET-JRF/NET-LS may also apply for different disciplines in Ph.D. in pharmacy.
- Appeared in the Entrance Test/Interview or both conducted by Jamia Hamdard.
Ph.D.- Pharmaceutical Medicine Regular & SFS
- Passed M. Pharm. from Jamia Hamdard or any other institution recognised by AICTE and Jamia Hamdard in Pharmacology/Hospital Pharmacy/ Clinical Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutics or MBBS degree from a recognised institution. Preference will be given to MD/ DNB degree holders in Pharmacology/ Medicine/ Clinical Pharmacology. Candidates with M.Sc. degree in Pharmacology may also be considered. The required percentage is 55% in aggregate in the relevant subject or equivalent grade.
- Candidate having M.Sc. degree in Clinical Research with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade shall be eligible to be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme in Pharmaceutical Medicine. These candidates will be required to qualify the Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test, if they have not qualified NET or equivalent test.
- The candidates from Biosciences/ Life Sciences stream with NET-JRF/NET-LS may also apply for different disciplines in Ph.D. in pharmacy.
ADMISSION, EXAMINATION RULES & SYLLABUS FOR COURSES IN PHARMACY
- D. Pharm
- M. Pharm
- PhD in Pharmacy
AICTE MANDATORY DISCLOSURE OF School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research-2022
SIFs-PCI for SPER 2022-2023
Approvals AICTE & PCI for SPER -2016 onwards and upload all pdfs of zip folder
Events & Activities
Prof. (Dr.) Vidhu Aeri DEAN, School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (SPER) Professor of Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry, JAMIA HAMDARD (Deemed to be University) New Delhi - 110062, Phone No. +91 11 26059688, Ext: 5600 Email ID: email@example.com