Centre for Teaching Support and Innovation (CTSI)
In today’s world cultivating an extraordinary academic environment is required for supporting faculty and instructors with professional development and teaching enhancement. Hence, with the objective of helping faculty, teaching assistants and students to prepare for the classroom and compete in the academic job market, Centre for Teaching Support and Innovation (CTSI) Jamia Hamdard, has been created to cultivate an extraordinary academic environment by fostering student academic success with learning strategies, math support and academic communication, educational technology support with workshops and community engaged learning opportunities in their discipline.
Review, outline and recommend technology-enriched teaching pedagogy and schemes of holistic assessment appropriate for the curricular framework
Provide strategic academic leadership in learning and teaching and curriculum development and innovation, ensuring that we are at the cutting edge of inspiring, transformative learning and teaching.
Promote innovation, nurture start-ups and incubation by integrating various professional domains for socially relevant venture.
To accelerate teaching-learning process by way of promoting independent, critical, creative and innovative thinking.
To propagate learning and teaching within and beyond the University, encourage future scoping to ensure that the curriculum of Jamia Hamdard offers the following aspects:
- accessibility and
- interdisciplinarity that will enhance the lives and employment prospects of our students
- Facilitate learning communities, inclusive to all so as to engage students as critical co-creators of their higher education experience.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Director CTSI: Prof. Mymoona Akhter
- Dy. Director CTSI: Dr. Hinna Hamid
- Dr Mohd Abdul Ahad: Assistant Director (learning technology initiatives): To lead the team responsible for teacher development and support, digital innovation and development, training as well as school improvement initiatives more broadly.
- Dr. Jehirul Islam, Assistant Director (curriculum development): To lead the team responsible for strategic design and development of Jamia Hamdard programs, and assessment approaches and their credibility as per the NPE, their implementation.
- Dr. Shazia Jilani, Assistant Director (student partnership): To lead the team responsible for providing a constant feedback loop to guarantee a collaborative learning environment and enable the students to share responsibility for shaping their learning and teaching environments and experiences, also parents and other stakeholders about curricula and dissemination of information on various curricula and support services.
- Dr. Sherin Zafar, Assistant Director (Innovation initiatives): To lead the team for setting program and advanced courses, in the areas, which are upcoming and multi-disciplinary in nature to encourage entrepreneurship, provide livelihood business incubation strengthen collaboration and provide a platform for young researchers and scholars to collaborate, innovate, explore and find solutions to diverse scientific problems, including those with a direct impact on the society.
DIVISION AND ACTIVITIES
Comparing the syllabi of different programmes of study and regulations from various councils in respect of CBCS with the purpose of tabulating and exploring different possibilities (permutations and combinations) of elective courses along with their credit structure which could be available to a student feasibly.
Common time slot for all the schools to run elective papers at the same time for the effective implementation of CBCS.
Under the online learning strategies (OLS) mandate it was deliberated that there was a need to identify, recommend and support the coherent provision of online learning solutions, services, processes and related infrastructure to meet the academic needs of the university. Exploring and enlisting different free software and platforms for recommending to teaching fraternity for IT enriched teaching and learning.
Exploring different modules under MOOC courses and Swayam platforms relevant to different programmes of study and providing that information to the students is also pertinent and efforts in this direction will be started.
Conducting Innovation Conclave (IC-2022) under Centre for Teaching Support and Innovations) Jamia Hamdard, for providing premier interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary event to bridge the gap between academia, Research & Industry. We propose to welcome and invite interdisciplinary proposals for Innovations and Ideas on thematic topics for the upcoming Innovation Conclave during August 2022. The Conclave will provide an excellent opportunity for attendees from industries, researchers, and students to bring up their innovative ideas and to learn from International and nationally recognized experts, share their experiences, and learn from the initiatives of colleagues from across the system.
- Innovation Conclave (IC-2022) under Centre for Teaching Support and Innovations) Jamia Hamdard, for providing premier interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary event to bridge the gap between academia, Research & Industry. We propose to welcome and invite interdisciplinary proposals for Innovations and Ideas on thematic topics for the upcoming Innovation Conclave during May 2022. The Conclave will provide an excellent opportunity for attendees from industries, researchers, and students to bring up their innovative ideas and to learn from International and nationally recognized experts, share their experiences, and learn from the initiatives of colleagues from across the system.
- EXPERT TALK
- CALL FOR INNOVATION & IDEAS
- CALL FOR START-UPS
Areas of Innovations and Ideas
- Intelligent Healthcare and Medical diagnosis.
- Machine Learning Tools
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Internet of Things with AI (IoT-based AI)
- Intelligent Agricultures
- Weather Forecasting
- 3D printing
- Cloud Computing
- Gaming Theory
- Graphics and Animations
- Virtual Reality
- Map/ Tracking system with AI
- Business Analysis growth Prediction
- High Speed Computational
Note: Applicants may apply other topics which are not mentioned in above list for their Innovations and ideas
FORMS TO DOWNLOAD