Information regarding Centre for Virology Year of establishment 2021
The centre for virology established at Jamia Hamdard to provide international quality education and cutting-edge research training in the fields of Basic virology, viral diagnostics, vaccine biology, drug discovery and clinical virology with active collaboration with national and international academic, scientific and health-care institutions as well as industries to meet societal education and training needs.
1. To provide advance post graduate, diploma and doctoral programs in the field of Virology.
2. To create opportunities for multi-disciplinary education, training and research in the field of Virology.
3. To create public awareness about viral diseases, cure and vaccination in society.
4. To instill spirit of innovation and creativity in young minds for startup India, atmanirbhar bharat and swastha bharat schemes of the Govt.
5. To nurture confident individuals who are effective contributors towards growth of the nation.
- Molecular Biology and Immunology of virus associated infectious diseases
- Host pathogen interaction, in particular, virus and human interaction studies
- Molecular Immunology (Innate Immune responses) related to viruses
- Clinical Virology and Vaccine development
- Viral Diagnostics
- Antiviral drug screening
- Cancer associated viruses and their pathogenesis
- Bioinformatics and antiviral drug development
Coordinator: Dr. Mairaj Ahmad Ansari, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology
Dr. Anuja Krishnan, Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular Medicine firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mirza Sarwar Baig, Assistant Professor, Centre for virology, email@example.com
Adjunct Faculty: Dr. David N. Everly, Department Microbiology and Immunology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical school, North Chicago, USA-60064
Programs of Study
M.Sc. (Medical Virology), No. of seats 20, 2 years (4 semesters)
Overview- Centre for Virology