School of Humanities & Social Sciences (SHSS)
Dean: Prof. Ajay Kumar Singh
This School offers programs in humanities and social sciences. The School consists of the Department of Islamic Studies, Center for Federal Studies, Public Policies and Governance, Department of Human Rights and Hamdard Institute of International Studies. The school has gradually emerged as one of important centres of knowledge offering critical studies in the different dimension of knowledge. Its strength lies in the promotion of interface studies across disciplines.
To emerge as a major school of thought on different dimensions of human sciences of knowledge.
- To promote alternative studies in the plural domains of knowledge.
- To promote interface studies across disciplines.
- To expand in the emerging fields of knowledge relevant to human civilization in the twenty first century.
- To promote studies in the field of Islamic sciences of knowledge, Human Rights, Policy and Governance studies, and new age International Politics.
- To develop professional and academic expertise of students to emerge as leaders in their respective fields of specialization.
- To collaborate with international centres of excellence.