The department is headed by Dr. (Mrs.) Manju Chhugani.
- To enhance excellence in research related to MCH.
- Ensuring high standards of midwifery education in line with Global standards
- Focus on enhancement of pre-service education
- Bridging the gap between knowledge and practice
- Building skilled task forces through skill trainings
Activities of the Department:
- In view of keeping the importance and need for the awareness of breast and cervical cancer, M.Sc. Nursing 2nd year Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing students, organized a health education programme on ‘Awareness of breast and cervical cancer’ for the inpatients and outpatients of Hakeem Abdul Hameed Centenary Hospital on 28th January 2014 .
- Rufaida College of Nursing, Jamia Hamdard, in collaboration with Society of Midwives India, Delhi Chapter with support of MOHFW, Government of India, organized a workshop for participants from New Delhi and NCR to provide an overview about task shifting and to orient the midwifery educators regarding initiatives taken by Government of India for strengthening Midwifery, to make them practice critical skills and to orient them on video films developed by Government of India to enhance skills of Nurse Midwives related to RMNCH+A. The workshop was held at Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India, from 10th – 11th March 2014.
- Health education on postnatal care of mother and newborn was held on 26th March 2014 at Postnatal Ward, HAH Centenary Hospital, Jamia Hamdard.
Available Facilities in the Department:
- The department is well equipped with a Maternal and Child Health Lab and National Skill Lab (DAKSH).