The department is headed by Mr. E.L Tamang.
Vision for the future:
Emphasis will be laid on creating a conducive environment with feedback from students to improve academic programme in the near future.A state of art simulation lab will be set up for providing hands on training for students and enhance their clinical competencies in Medical Surgical Nursing
Activities of the department
- The department has been conducting teaching programmes for M.Sc, Post. Basic B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons), and Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery students through the use of interactive and simulation based teaching methods. A holistic academic programme recognized by the Indian Nursing Council is utilized for teaching students apart from various simulations based teaching approaches.
- Besides teaching students the theoretical approach, practical field experience is given through intense clinical exposure in premier institutions like Safdarjung hospital, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Hakim Abdul Hameed Centenary Hospital and Max Hospital.
- The department utilizes simulators and other equipment from the Fundamentals of Nursing lab for demonstrations and return demonstrations before providing students hands on skill in patient care.
- The department pledges to instil decorum, discipline and proper grooming of students to become empathetic and responsible health care professionals.
- Various projects are undertaken by students in the previous academic year which included a community awareness programme organized by Post graduate students on Self Testicular Examination and Self Breast Examination in HAHC Hospital ,Jamia Hamdard.
- Health teaching sessions were also conducted by Bachelorette students in parent organization on disaster management, fear of cancer, care of EENT etc.
- A project on cardiovascular assessment was conducted as a part of continuing nursing education for staff nurses.