The department is headed by Dr. (Mrs.) Smriti Arora, Assistant Professor.
To prepare nurses with scientific culture, compassion for the sick and commitment to serve the underserved ,especially children.
Activities undertaken by the department
- 8-10 Feb 2013- Ms. Smriti Arora chaired a session on ‘Care of Neonate with congenital malformations’ and ‘Fluid and Electrolyte Balance in Neonates’ at Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University, organized by IANN, Pune, Maharashtra.
- 24 Feb 2013: A one day District Instructor Course was organized by Ms. Smriti Arora, Assistant Professor, for 26 nurses under Indian Academy of Pediatrics- Neonatal Resuscitation Programme – First Golden Minute Project at Jamia Hamdard, sponsored by Indian Academy of Pediatrics wherein, MSc pediatric nursing students, Ms. Anjali Kaushik and Ms. Disha Ravindran were trained. The trainers were Dr. Alka Aggarwal, Professor, Santosh Medical College, Dr. Jaipal Munna, HOD, Dept. of Pediatrics, Kasturba Gandhi Hospital and Dr. Surender Bisht, DNB Paeds, Swami Dayanand Hospital, Dilshad Garden
- 29 June 2013 – Ms. Smriti Arora was appreciated by Indian Academy of Pediatrics for her efforts and dedication towards NRP, FGM project
- Sep, Oct 2013- Ms. Smriti Arora organized a series of four workshops on ‘Basic Newborn Care and Resusciation, for staff nurses of Delhi and NCR where approximately 215 nurses were trained. The sessions were taken by Ms. Smriti, Ms. Jahanara and Ms. Anjali. Ms. Shilpi Sarkar also attended the course. GNM and BSc nursing students also attended these workshops in batches. Participants expressed that the workshops were organized very well and helped them to learn new skill and develop confidence to take care of newborn baby.
- 1 Feb 2014: MSc Nursing (pediatric) students attended a one day workshop on ‘Adolescent Health’ at Maulana Azad Medical College.
- 14-16 Feb 2014- MSc nursing (pediatric) students attended 5th annual conference of Indian Association of Neonatal Nurses at Mullana, Ambala on the theme ‘Synergizing Technology and Humanism in NICU’. Ms. Smriti Arora, took a session on ‘Equipments used in NICU’ and Ms. Shipli Sarkar took a session on ‘Medication Errors’ at MM University, Mullana, Ambala.
- 16-21 Dec. 2013- Ms. Smriti Arora and Ms Jahanara were trained as Master Trainer for HIV/AIDS under GFATM at RAK, College of Nursing, New Delhi
- Jan 2014: M.Sc. pediatric nursing students visited ‘Action for Activity Development and Inclusion’ (AADI) at Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
- 10-11 March 2014: Practical sessions on neonatal resuscitation were taken by Ms. Shilpi, Ms Jahanara and Ms. Smriti Arora during a two day workshop on ‘Dissemination of Initiatives towards task shifting and strengthening midwifery education for RMNCH+A by Government of India’ for tutors and MSc nursing students at Convention Centre, JH.
- 16 May 2014: Ms. Smriti Arora wa appreciated for her contribution towards NRP, FGM project under which 215 staff nurses were trained.
- 21 Nov. 2014: A one day workshop was organized for B.Sc. (H) student nurses on ‘Standard Treatment Protocols on Sick New Newborn Care’ in collaboration with Dept. of Neonatology, AIIMS, New Delhi.