WELCOME TO DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
The Department of Physiotherapy (Erstwhile Department of Rehabilitation Sciences) was established in 1998 with Postgraduate programme and later the Undergraduate Programme was introduced in 2001. The Ph.D. Programme commenced in 2017. The academic programme is recognised by the Delhi Council for Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health, Government of NCT Delhi.
The department comprises competent professional faculty members with diversified knowledge and academic and clinical experience. We are adequately equipped with modern infrastructures such as Electrotherapy lab, Exercise therapy lab along with Sports and Exercise research labs.
Department of Physiotherapy advocates research aptitude through postgraduate research labs for specialties like Cardiopulmonary, Musculoskeletal, Neurology and Sports thus enabling the teachers to impart holistic knowledge in an empirical manner. The Physiotherapy OPD, situated in the Rehabilitation Centre, is well equipped with state of the art equipments thereby giving the students hands-on-experience to evaluate and treat patients with a variety of clinical conditions making them aware of the recent trends and techniques in clinical practice.
“To be recognized as one of the leading Physiotherapy institutes of higher learning by providing value-based education, facilitating research and health care services to rural and urban communities,keeping in view the global needs.”
• Develop competency in the field of Physiotherapy by imparting and disseminating evidence based knowledge.
• Fostering research and development in the emerging areas of Physiotherapy while adhering to the ethical standards.
• Generating awareness of Physiotherapy through outreach programmes.
• To gain recognition via collaboration in the global arena by providing quality healthcare thus improving quality of life.
• Generating opportunities for faculties and students thus keeping pace with the advances related to Physiotherapy.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
• Master of Physiotherapy (Cardiopulmonary)
• Master of Physiotherapy (Musculoskeletal)
• Master of Physiotherapy (Neurology)
• Master of Physiotherapy (Sports)
• Ph.D. (Rehabilitation Sciences)
• Ph.D. (Physiotherapy)
Dr. Nishat Quddus (PT), Associate Professor & Head
Dr. Sohrab Ahmad Khan (PT), Associate Professor
Dr .Kalpana Zutshi (PT), Associate Professor
Dr. Jyoti Ganai (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Deepak Malhotra(PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Ashima Chachra (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Zuheb A. Siddiqui (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr .Hammad A. Siddiqui (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Prachi Tiwari (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Nahid Khan (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Deepika Singla, Assistant Professor
Dr. Sahar Zaidi (PT), Assistant Professor
Dr. Huma Khan (PT), Assistant Professor