Department of Moalajat
Department of Moalajat, established in 1989, is one of the postgraduate departments of the School of Unani Medical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi. The department is providing teaching and clinical training in various subjects of Moalajat to undergraduate and post graduate students. The focus is on fine integration of traditional Unani science and latest scientific knowledge with the goal of establishing Unani as evidence-based medicine. The department is working tirelessly towards the development of Unani Medicine and to provide the best possible treatment options of various diseases.
Department of Moalajat has been involved in clinical research for about three decades and is contributing in the generation of evidence-based data on safety and efficacy of Unani drugs and therapies. It has endeavoured towards the preservation and advancement of traditional knowledge at the same time incorporating latest research methodologies for generation of scientific data. We have adopted good clinical practices and stringent ethical guidelines for protocol development and SOPs. The scientific evidence thus generated has been published in various national and international journals of repute as well as presented in various national and international conferences, seminars, and symposia.
The thrust areas of clinical research of the department are neuro-muscular and joint disorders, immunomodulation, adjuvant therapies, skin & cosmetology, regimenal therapies, lifestyle disorders (hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus etc.) respiratory, gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
The department is also actively involved in the promotion and propagation of Unani medicine through organizing seminars, CMEs, invited lectures and talks, workshops and health camps.
- To work towards achieving excellence in Unani medical science, education, research and healthcare with an integrated approach.
- To produce competent Unani physicians, academicians and researchers with extensive knowledge of Unani system of medicine coupled with the latest modern medical knowledge needed for working in the medical and health care services of the country.
- Preservation of traditional knowledge and development of new Unani therapeutic modules for NCDs and health care through extensive research and development.
- Continuous updation of knowledge of teachers through various faculty development programs.
- To produce Unani physicians, academicians and researchers having profound knowledge of Unani Medicine along with contemporary advancements.
- To impart extensive clinical training with advanced technologies of investigations for the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis in healthcare services.
- Research and development in Unani medicine by exploiting the latest biomedical technologies and guidelines to assess the safety and efficacy of Unani drugs.
- To develop collaboration with national and international organizations for interdisciplinary and integrated research and development of Unani medical sciences.
Department of Moalijat
Dr. Yasmeen Shamsi, B.U.M.S., M.D., Professor & Head
Dr. Asim Ali Khan, B.U.M.S., M.D., (EOL)
Dr. Azhar Jabin, B.U.M.S., M.D., Associate Professor
Dr. Shazia Jilani, B.U.M.S., M.D., Associate Professor
Dr. Md. Wasi Akhtar, B.U.M.S., M.D., Assistant Professor
Dr. Shoaib Ahmad, B.U.M.S., M.D., Assistant Professor