Ilmul Advia is one of the most important branches of Unani System of Medicine. It deals with the morphology, identification, characteristic features, pharmacological actions, uses etc of Unani drugs. The department of Ilmul Advia has a drug museum and five well equipped laboratories viz. Pharmacognosy Lab, Pharmacology Lab, Neuro-pharmacology Lab, Drug standardization Lab and Dawasazi Lab (Unani Pharmacy Lab). The department deals in various subjects like Basic Principles of Unani pharmacology, description of Advia Mufradah (single Unani drugs) and compound formulations and Unani pharmacy. The experts of these subjects are required in various fields like dispensaries and pharmaceutical companies, research institutes, medicinal plant conservation & cultivation sector etc. Post graduation in Ilmul Advia discipline offers wide range of job opportunities.
Courses offered by department:
- MD (Ilmul Advia): Three year Post-Graduate course.
- CCUD: One year Certificate Course for Unani Dispenser
- The department aims at making student efficient in using Unani medicinal drugs in various ailments. This requires thorough knowledge of medicinal plant in identification of good quality material.
- To make the students professionally competent in preparation of various Unani formulations.
- To encourage the P. G. students to identify and work for the untouched thrust areas of Unani System of Medicine.