The department of Amraz-e- Niswan wa Qabalat is an under graduate department of The School of Unani Medical Education and Research (SUMER). It caters the teaching of Amraz-e- Niswan wa Qabalat (Gynaecology and Obstetrics). Teaching Faculty is engaged in providing the consultancy in Majeedia Unani hospital in OPD and IPD. The department has established well-equipped diagnostic and therapeutic procedures facility for the management of various diseases. The procedures include Pap’s smear, HVS, Natool, Aabzan Hamool, Furzaja, Bakhoor, Takmeed, Hijamah, Amal-e-Kaiee (Cauterization), leeching, Mehbali nazar beeni and other Ilaj bit Tadbeer. The department also caters the practical training through various newer pedagogy, like with the help of Audio Visual aids, Demonstration through Simulators and Education Material/ Self Instructional Modules and Bed Side demonstration. The students are encouraged for hands on training on different diagnostic cum Therapeutics procedures in clinical lab. Evidence based clinical research is the essential part of the department.
Aim of the department of Amraz-e-Niswan wa Qabalat is to meet and participate in fulfilling the Vision of Jamia Hamdard.
“To Provide integral quality higher education and undertake cutting edge research in the field of natural sciences and technology and social sciences and particularly promote study of modern and traditional specially Unani medicine systems compassing a holistic and integrative approach to health care and to meet societal education needs of underprivileged Indian communities” specially the women.
MISSION & GOALS
- We strive to provide ‘Unani Health care to all women’ through production of skilled Graduates with the best possible knowledge in the field of Reproductive and Child Health and Maternal and Child Health (RCH & MCH)
- We strive to reflect the highest standard of Unani Health Care so tried to reach the society by integrative approach not only in academics but also provide health care at door step.
- We strive to provide awareness and sensitization through organizing outreach programmes like Free Health checkups, Preventive, Screening and Treatment camps.
- To render and educate the society (Students and society at large) through digital media for effective communication, training , management and online treatment to cope up at the time of any type of natural disaster through webinars and other training modules possible where the students along with other society members can participate.
- To Improve women’s and Child’s quality of life through holistic as well as integral approach and may contribute substantial role of Unani System in potentiating the National Health Policies and help achieve goal of WHO “Health for All”