Department of Ain Uzan Anaf wa Halaq (Ophthalmology & ENT)
The department of Ain, Uzn Anaf wa Halaq (Eye & ENT) is an under graduate department of the School of Unani Medical Education and Research (SUMER) is strongly focused on the importance of high quality academic and clinical training to Unani medical students and the delivery of compassionate, up-to-date health care. Emphasis is placed on academic achievement and consultation in clinical matters across all aspects of the speciality of Otorhinolaryngology & ophthalmology.
The thirst area of the department is to cure Sinusitis, Allergic Rhinitis, Epistaxis, Hearing loss, Tinnitus, Decreased vision.
Our vision will be the preeminent worldwide source of advances and leaders in preserving and restoring vision, hearing, balance and voice etc. We strive to manage diseases of the eye, nose, throat and ear pursuing new scientific discoveries by translating this knowledge into novel and effective clinical treatment and by educating our students to continue these philosophies into the future.
- We will continue to expand our clinical collaboration within and outside the school. The multidisciplinary team approach will provide better care and research.
- To achieve our goal we will try to be a part of National Program for Control of Blindness and Visual Impairment (strategy of NPCB for “Eye Health for all”)
- To Impart Quality Education of Unani Medicine along with importance of high quality academic and clinical training to Unani medical students
- Training of students, awareness program and screening camps are a part of early identification, diagnosis and treatment of eye and ENT problems in department.
1. Dr. ZehraKhatoonZaidi
Head, D/o AinUznAnafHalaqwaAsnan
2. Dr. Abdul Nasir
The department is equipped with Laboratory, faculty members’ room, departmental library, OPD/IPD facilities.
Evidence based clinical research like case studies and case series are the essential part of the department.
- Organized Health camps in deferent parts of the city for awareness and treatment to needy people through Unani medicines in collaboration of Majeedia Unani Hospital.
- Organized Health awareness program on ‘World Hepatitis day’ organized by Department of Eye & ENT with collaboration of Charak Pharma Pvt. Ltd. and Majeedia Unani Hospital held on 28th July 2021.
- Organized International Webinar on “Evaluation of Temperament in ClinicalPractice” in hybrid mode on Google Meet platform and YouTube channel by Department of Department of Jarahiyat (Surgery) in Collaboration with AinUznAnafwaHalaq (Eye & ENT) on 17th March 2022.
- Organized online lecture on “Exam stress strategies and healthy tips” in hybrid mode on Google Meet platform by Department of Ain Uzn Anaf wa Halaq (Eye & ENT) in Collaboration with Department of Jarahiyat (Surgery), SUMER, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi on 23rd March 2022.