ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (SPER), Jamia Hamdard is well established in 1985 that provides two post-graduate courses, M. Pharmacy in pharmaceutics and M. Pharmacy in Quality Assurance. Both the courses are of 2 years (four-semesters) duration with 1 year (two-semesters) dedicated to course work and 2nd year (two-semesters) committed to research work and pharmaceutical industry training. Along with master’s programs, we also offer Ph.D. programme in Pharmaceutics. The Ph. D. scholars are funded by various funding agencies such as ICMR, CSIR, UGC, DST etc. in the form of projects or fellowships. The students qualifying this course are set to meet the current and future requirements of R&D personnel of the Pharmaceutical Industry, academia, regulatory and marketing.
The faculty of the Department have been awarded with various esteemed National & International awards and honours namely UGC Research Award, BOYSCAST Fellowship, AICTE Career Award, AAiPS Pharmaceutical Educator and Researcher Award, APTI Pharmacy Teacher & Young Pharmacy Teacher Award and DST Young Scientist Award.
At the Department of Pharmaceutics, we lay emphasis on improving health care system, patience compliance by constantly working on modern and indigenous drugs and their formulations. The department is constantly upgrading its quality of education and research to meet the advance demands of professionals in the field. With the development of nanotechnology, we are now moving towards nanotechnology-based formulations and products and we have a whole lab dedicated for the same. The faculty members are encouraged to serve as resourceful personal in their areas of expertise, contributing in nation upgrading.
"To create an atmosphere for quality education and research enabling students to excel in drug and drug delivery systems"
MS 1: To support infrastructure for research through grants and industry academia interaction
MS 2: To provide an environment for the conduct of academic activities required to transform student’s calibre.
MS 3: To create a learning environment where the faculty and students can discover, examine, embrace and comprehend technological changes for self-reliance.
MS 4: To strengthen education policies and programs for creating ideals representative of a democratic society.
The department lays emphasis on integrated research approach on modern and indigenous drugs and their formulations. There is a planned programme of product development in the area of novel drug delivery systems with emphasis on nanomedicine. Following are the programmes in the department of Pharmaceutics-
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics with specialization in Quality Assurance
The department comprises of 13 teachers (five Professors, three Associate professors and five Assistant Professors).
- Dr. Yasmin Sultana, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Professor & Head
- Dr. Asgar Ali, M.Pharm, Ph.D., D.Sc., Professor
- Dr. Farhan Jalees Ahmad, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Professor
- Dr. Sanjula Baboota, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Professor
- Dr. Javed Ali, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Professor
- Dr. Mohd. Aqil, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Zeenat Iqbal, M.Pharm, Ph.D., Associate Professor,
- Dr. Saima Amin, M Pharm, Ph.D., Associate Professor,
- Dr. M Aamir Mirza, M Pharm, Ph.D., Assistant professor
- Dr. Sarwar Beg, M Pharm, Ph.D., Assistant Professor (on Leave)
- Dr. Prashant Kesharwani, M Pharm, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Saba Khan, M Pharm, Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Contractual)
- Dr. Rabea Parveen, M Pharm, Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Thrust Research Area
- Novel & nano drug delivery systems for systemic and localized effect: Ocular Drug Delivery, Oral Drug Delivery, Brain Drug Delivery, Transdermal drug delivery, Intranasal drug delivery, Ophthalmic drug delivery, Vaginal Drug Delivery (Loco-Regional Delivery) & Targeted drug delivery
- Nanomedicines & Nano-herbals
- Oral bioavailability enhancement using lipid based systems.
- Intranasal delivery of therapeutic agents for bioavailability enhancement and delivery
- Lipid based drug delivery systems for prevention and treatment of cancer
- Nanocarriers for Combination Drugs
- Improvement in oral bioavailability of BCS classes II and IV drugs by polymeric conjugates and nanolipid-based systems
- Polymeric Nanoparticulate drug delivery systems for brain delivery for the treatment of CNS disorders by oral and intranasal route
- Nanoparticulate systems for anticancer drugs with phytoconstituents
- Development and Evaluation of Novel Drug Delivery Systems viz.
- QbD enabled formulation designing
- Analytical method development using HPLC, LCMS and UV
- Differentiated products (non- prescription category like consumer healthcare, dietary supplements and other easy to market categories)
- Humic substances
- Development and validation of chromatographic methods for bioanalysis and pharmacokinetic studies
Office of the Head, Department of Pharmaceutics, SPER, Jamia Hamdard E.mail: email@example.com Contact No.: 01126059688, Extension: 5605